The Official website of the Jaintia Hills Autonomous District Council (JHADC), Government of Meghalaya, has been built with an aim to provide maximum accessibility and usability to its visitors.
This website can be viewed from a variety of devices such as Desktop or Laptop computers, web-enabled mobile devices, WAP phones, PDAs, etc. However, currently Portable Document Format (PDF) files are not fully accessible.
We aim to be standards compliant and follow principles of usability and universal design, which should help all visitors of this website.
This website is designed to meet the Guidelines for Indian Government Websites and also adheres to level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (W.C.A.G.) 2.0 laid down by the World Wide Web Consortium (W.3.C.). Part of the information in the website is also made available through links to external Websites. External Websites are maintained by the respective departments who are responsible for making their sites accessible.
If you face any problem or have suggestions regarding the accessibility of this website, please do let us know the nature of the problem along with your contact information to get back to you at the earliest.
Acts & Rules
- Acts, Rules and Regulations since the inception of this Council in 1964 to 2009
- Jaintia Hills Autonomous District (Establishment of Elaka and Village and Election, Appointment, Powers, Functions and Jurisdiction of Dolloi/Sirdar and Waheh Shnong) Act, 2015
- Jaintia Hills Autonomous District (Ka Ain ban Seng Elaka bad Seng Shnong bad ka Jingjied, Jingthung, ka Bor, ka Jingtreikam bad u Pud treikam jong ki Dolloi/Sirdar bad Waheh Shnong) Act, 2015
Places of Interest
- U Kiang Nangbah Monument: Located on the banks of Myntdu River at Syntu Ksiar.
- The Monolith of Nartiang: A large collection of monoliths located in the market place.
- The Durga Temple: A Temple of the Goddess Durga located ar Nartiang.
- Thadlaskein Lake at Mukhla Village: A historical lake and a beautiful spot for outing, boating and picnic.