FINANCE AND ACCOUNT DEPARTMENT
The Council has a Fund Rules, known as "The Jowai Autonomous District Fund Rules, 1967". Under the Fund Rules the Council has a District Fund to Which all money receipts shall be credited. All money transaction shall be according to the Fund Rules. The Department deals with all financial transactions including receipts, payments, pensions, Audit and budget. The Department has the following officer
(1) One Finance and Account Officer,
(2) One Assistant Finance and Account Officer,
(3) One Account Consultant on contract basis and
(4)One Examiner of Account (vacant) on contract basis and 41 staff. The Department has also one Committee called 'The Resources Mobilization Committee' with one Chairman, one Vice Chairman, four members and 8 staff. The total numbers of employees in the Department are 5 excluding the Chairman, the Vice-Chairman and members of the Resources Mobilization Committee.
Acts & Rules
- Acts, Rules and Regulations since the inception of this Council in 1964 to 2009
- Jaintia Hills Autonomous District (Establishment of Elaka and Village and Election, Appointment, Powers, Functions and Jurisdiction of Dolloi/Sirdar and Waheh Shnong) Act, 2015
- Jaintia Hills Autonomous District (Ka Ain ban Seng Elaka bad Seng Shnong bad ka Jingjied, Jingthung, ka Bor, ka Jingtreikam bad u Pud treikam jong ki Dolloi/Sirdar bad Waheh Shnong) Act, 2015
Places of Interest
- U Kiang Nangbah Monument: Located on the banks of Myntdu River at Syntu Ksiar.
- The Monolith of Nartiang: A large collection of monoliths located in the market place.
- The Durga Temple: A Temple of the Goddess Durga located ar Nartiang.
- Thadlaskein Lake at Mukhla Village: A historical lake and a beautiful spot for outing, boating and picnic.