LAND REVENUE AND LAND REFORM DEPARTMENT
The Department deals with the administration of land. In the administration of land, the Council has the following Regulations
(1) The J.H.A.D (management and control over land and Assessment and collection of Revenue) Regulation, 1968,
(2) The J.H.A.D (management and control over land and Assessment and collection of Revenue) (Amendment) Regulation, 1971 ,
(3) The J.H.A.D (management and control over land and Assessment and collection of Revenue) (Second Amendment) Regulation, 1974 and
(4) The J.H.A.D (management and control over land and Assessment and collection of Revenue) (Third Amendment)Regulation, 1985. The Department has 3 Officers (1) One Revenue Officer and (2) Two Assistant Revenue Officer with 166 staff. The Department also has two Committee (1) Housing Committee, (2) Land Revenue and Land Reform Committee, with Chairman and Vice-Chairman and 4 non - Official members for each Committee. The total numbers of employees in the Department is 169 excluding Chairman, Vice-Chairman and non-official members.
Acts & Rules
- Acts, Rules and Regulations since the inception of this Council in 1964 to 2009
- Jaintia Hills Autonomous District (Establishment of Elaka and Village and Election, Appointment, Powers, Functions and Jurisdiction of Dolloi/Sirdar and Waheh Shnong) Act, 2015
- Jaintia Hills Autonomous District (Ka Ain ban Seng Elaka bad Seng Shnong bad ka Jingjied, Jingthung, ka Bor, ka Jingtreikam bad u Pud treikam jong ki Dolloi/Sirdar bad Waheh Shnong) Act, 2015
Places of Interest
- U Kiang Nangbah Monument: Located on the banks of Myntdu River at Syntu Ksiar.
- The Monolith of Nartiang: A large collection of monoliths located in the market place.
- The Durga Temple: A Temple of the Goddess Durga located ar Nartiang.
- Thadlaskein Lake at Mukhla Village: A historical lake and a beautiful spot for outing, boating and picnic.